Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What is your profile?

I talked about the creator of Orkut in the last post. Well, I did not venture to find if he had a profile on Orkut. One of my friends Mr CB (who I supposed must have read the post and as always went on to think that extra) took the pain and found his profile. Here is the profile of Orkut Buyukkokten. For the people who had wanted to know the person with the highest number of scraps, there is something to rejoice. At the time of writing of this post, the number had reached 356096.

However, keeping the name of the site the same as that of the person, may actually get confusing. Like in his first testimonial, somebody has written that “I love Orkut!”. Now which Orkut is he trying to mention – the person or the site. If it is the latter then I identify with his feelings. But if it is the former, than he would like to go alone. Some people have argued that this is a fake profile. Well on the face of it, there does not seem to be such a probability but there is always a possibility. Also, many people have asking him, via scraps, questions about Orkut – the site. I saw a scrap asking him who has the maximum number of friends on Orkut. Come on people give him a break (whoever it be, the real Orkut or someone in disguise). I am sure that you might be wondering that I have nothing to do and am whiling my time in such activities. But I assure you that it did not take much time.

But I am not sure why someone would like to make a fake profile. I see that it may be a source of entertainment for a while. But after sometime it would get boring. One profile I definitely believe to be fake, is that of Swami Ramdev. Just the look of the page tells you so.

I will leave you with another flick from Sholay.

TECHNOLOGY SHOLAY

Amitabh: Mausi ladka "Infy" (no offence meant) mein kaam karta hai...
Mausi: Hai raam...
Amitabh: Aajkal allocated bhi hai...
Mausi: To kya kabhi unallocated (i.e. bench pe) bhi
rahta hai????
Amitabh: Ab C rating waalon ka allocation itni asaani
se kahaan hota hai mausi...
Mausi: To kya C rating bhi aati hai uski????
Amitabh: PL se ladaai karne ke baad A ya uske upar ki
rating to nahin na milti hai mausi...
Mausi: To kya ladaaku bhi hai????
Amitabh: Ab onsite jaane ko na mile to ho jaati hai
kabhi-kabhi anban...
Mausi: To kya onsite bhi nahin gayaa aaj tak????
Amitabh: Ab civil engineers ka Visa itni jaldi kahaan
lagta hai mausi...
Mausi: To kya ladka civil engineer hai???? Engineering
kaun se college se kiya hai????
Amitabh: Bas uska pataa lagte hi hum aapko khabar kar
denge!!!!!
Amitabh: To kya main rishta pakka samjhun mausi??
Mausi: Bhale hi hamaari ladki call center waale se
shaadi kar le, par Infy waale se kabhi nahin
karegi.......

No comments: