Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The two Ls

IIM results are out and I guessed it right.

I had talked about my performance and the results have been very much different atleast relatively. So, the results are

IIMA – No
IIMB – No
IIMC – No
IIML – Yes.

IIMK and IIMI results are not out but I am damn concerned. What I now have to select is from the Ls. So, it would either be L (as in IIML) or L (as in Lehman Brothers).

Yes, I am disappointed at not clearing into one of the top 3 IIMs. I expected to crack atleast one. But then God has his own way. In the first place, no one had expected me to clear the first phase of the selection process but then God had his plans. So, though I am sad but I know that someone is in charge and I believe he has the best intentions for me. As Amitabh Bachchan has said,

“What happens as per your wish is good, but things which does not happen as above is more than good”

Though in the coming few weeks there would be much discussion about the pros and cons of the two Ls, at present I think Lehman should be the way to go. Any suggestions?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats ashutosh for making it to iiml

Naresh Sabbani said...

Heartiest Congratulations ashu...as i said it was just a formality. And neways both the L's are fundoo...so i m sure u will be a better judge of ur future.

Ashutosh said...

Thanks for all your wishes.

After some discussions it seems that it would be a difficult choice. Please give your frank opinions.

shrikanth said...

gotta be Lehman.
guess you'll learn a lot more about finance at the workplace than you ever will at a Bschool.
and what if there's a recession in 2008 and you end up selling soap in an fmcg company???

Chetan Bhadricha said...

congrats ashu ...

i knew u would surely make it ....

though i still mourn the death of another brilliant engr of India

Anonymous said...

hi ashutosh. Congrats on getting thru both the L's. I have been a CAT aspirant for the last two years, and you made it in first go! great going dude!
I am commenting on your performance because i also work in Lehman Brothers. And let me tell you, the project in which you are getting thru is world class! MBA's would kill to get into Equity research. And thats where you are going. Trust me. a year in Lehman will get you a call from IIM - A next time. And 2-3 years, could even get you a Harvard call.. considering that you are outta IIT already! :) Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I am a firm supporter of work experience before any kind of Mangement degree... I wud have advised to get WorkEx even if u had made to ABC. I guess Lehmann is a gr8 opportunity and who knows you might be the boss of ppl graduating 2 yrs after u.. ;)

Anonymous said...

First of all congrtas for making it in IIMs. and as for suggestion abt where to go, i personally think getting experience in Lehamnn brothers is anyday better than doing an MBA from IIM L, or for that matter any IIMs! had i been in ur position i wudnt have even thought twice abt what im going to do!

Anonymous said...

was goin thru ur post at pg and came to know abt the two Ls...
first of all..congrats dude...
well, IIML is anytime better...and to comment on one of the comment to ur blog....none of the MBAs kill to get into Equity Reserach..its more percieved as a KPO...
rest up to you mate...all the best...

Anonymous said...

if lehman is goin to pay u 8+, go for it as from iiml u'll land up with 8-10 on an avg after 2 yrs.....but eq research is nothin great....and once in an iim, u'll hardly want to do that....better take lehman and try to go to ABC

小小彬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
苦瓜鹹蛋Star said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.