Friday, March 31, 2006

Marriage on my mind

So, I went to this engagement ceremony that day. It was for the same person, my cousin uncle Mr. AG, I have mentioned in some previous posts. Though he was not able to awe us by his presence, the ceremony went on very well. I was kind of a heavy weight, representing my family who is in Mumbai and cannot attend the function.

But the good news did not end there. Now, I was officially the next boy in the family who would be married. This eligibility was on the basis of my age (apart form my pleasant personality and a list of other traits too long to be mentioned in a single post). Mr. AG is the last of my uncles to get married and along with his; the series of marriages would end for my previous generation. Also, I have an elder cousin brother, who is around 32 and already married. Now, it is upto me to marry and help in the proliferation of our family.

It feels nice. At this moment, I have the control to even direct the course of other people’s lives. Till the time I marry, my younger brothers can only wait. After the ceremony, I was told that many people were asking about me. My aunt who did the honours (of introducing me) was also excited about this fact. I was introduced to the bride’s mother and she enquired about my education. I felt she was quite inspired and that the eligibility part might have easily struck her. After that I saw her talking to her relatives. I am quite sure the talks were about me as the relatives were definitely looking at me during the conversation (See the disclosure).

I wonder, if I should start looking for girls who would like to marry me. But going by the large expected number of such girls, maybe finding those who would not like to marry me would be easier.

I have chalked out a plan. The first thing I am doing is to make the announcement through this blog in the form of this post. Second, I would register with a number of matrimonial sites and upload my bio-data (i.e. what they call your resume in the matrimonial world) so that the girls and their families can find me and start enquiring. Third and the most important would be to tell every relative that I am considering the thought of marriage and that it would be nice if they could find a perfect match for me.

I also wonder if I am lucky like Irfan Pathan and girls have already started chasing me. Or whether my aunt, who has played a pretty important role in the bride selection process for Mr. AG, has already started work on this project of mine as well.

Disclosure: I may have exaggerated some of the events that occurred.

No comments: