Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Job Interview - The Introduction

I would start with a warning to Mr. AR who in his first post has used names of people when he would have liked to use their initials, as is the rule of the game. Being the administrator I am constantly on the lookout for such “errors”. Since it was for the first time I am ready to overlook but it should not become a norm and the sanctity of this spac should be maintained at all costs.

I do not remember if I told you or not that I have been “placed”. By placed I man I have received an offer from a company. The company has offered me to hire me. They will use all the fame I have for their benefits and increasing their clout. In return I would be paid for my so called services. The company name cannot be disclosed for sake of my future well being. I had wanted to narrate the incidents that happened the day I was placed and so here it goes.

I was to reach at the place of interview before 09:30. Since the placement was a part of the ongoing campus placements, the place of the interview was none other that a building (the Synergy building … I wonder why the building got that name … was it some kind of a symbolic synergy between departments or for that matter between the institute and the corporate world) in the academic area of our institute. I was in the most formal dress I had been in my entire life, all set to impress the interviewer. (Though I believed he would be impressed just by the fact that I was interested in his company). Also the backdrop was that many veterans’ names had not seen the light of the shortlist which the company came out with just two days before. It would be necessary for you to know that it was just the second day of placements and all the veterans were looking forward to this company. So there was quite an amount of anguish for the company along with the excitement.

As I reached the venue, the image of many fellow students became clearer. All had a distinct smile on their face. We discussed about how everyone likes to be in their night suits (if you may call them so) for the entire time they are at their hostel rooms. And how they would be most comfortable and moreover “themselves” if they were allowed to be in the same attire here at the interview. After a little delay (which was credited to the flight delays due to the fog) the process started.

Rest in the next post … you did not think that I would be completing everything here even after reading the title!

No comments: