Friday, February 17, 2006

There is no dinner like free dinner!!!

I recently had the good luck of being able to attend a dinner because of a conference. I was invited by a close friend, US (No relation to United States except that he really wishes to go there). While having the delicious dinner there, my belief was re-asserted that there is no dinner like free dinner!!!

Let me get down to the details of the menu, Me along with my four friends started with some Coke and Mocktails (For those who know me would know what free coke means to me). We also had an open bar besides it (with Vodka, Rum, Red Wine, White Wine and Whisky), I don't think I need to say anything more for the drinks section.

The food consisted of too many dishes to count and were simply too tasty. I had to actually loosen my belt after the wonderful dinner. The dessert had pastry, ice-cream with chocolate sauce and ras malai.

After eating all this, we took another shot at the drinks table and were realizing the importance of free dinners. Everyone around us was also eating like us (considering we are hostelers), in simple words, eating like they have been hungry for days.

In the end, the conclusion is that there is no dinner like free dinner!!! Waiting for the next invitation ;)

No comments: