Monday, February 08, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day

I keep saying to myself every once in a while ... that from tomorrow / from this instant, I would be a different person. I don't want to change everything that I am ... but only some of the things ... and mostly how I am internally. Even though most others might unanimously recommend a few things that I should change, they might not be agreeable to me. Sometimes, I am proud of a few of these things.

Anyways, the point of this post is that I have not been entirely successful in my above endeavour. You would have guessed that, given I have to revisit the thought so many time. I am hoping that writing it here might give the though another chance to get implemented in my life.

The motivations for such thoughts are pretty varied. Sometimes they come due things that happen with / at home, family, friends, work, colleagues etc. Sometimes, for no reason, you are faced with some existential questions in life and you start wondering where life is going.

I can list a lot of instances when such thoughts arise
... when someone you helped so much, starts pretending that you don't exist from the next day the work got over
... when a friend has time for everyone else, except you, and you give so much importance to this person
... when your time is not valued and everything has to happen as per the schedules of everyone else
... when things are not going exactly as plans in your work and you though its is not entirely your fault, you are being blamed for everything
... even after all this, you have no right to be angry with anyone for you would be fooling yourself if you are
... etc

The list can go on and on. But I guess, you get the point.

The idea is not to blabber all such things at this forum. The idea is to get your thoughts together and make a resolution to be different from tomorrow. It is almost 12 midnight and a new day is about to begin. From the time I wake up in the morning, I will be a different person, though you might not see much difference from the outside.

P.S. I know some of my acquaintances might mock at this post, if and when they read this. But I don't care (see I have started changing already :) ).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that the same words might be applicable to you as well? As in, ignoring...pretending and all..! The point is not to blame you or anyone else but just to bring across this point that we tend to be too much caring about our own emotions and ignore others in the process completely.

BTW, must say that i could completely relate with the thought that "i would be a different person from today or tomorrow...". I go through the same thing everyday and know how difficult it is to not stay up to one's own promises.

polka_dot_z said...

wow, you are a really good writer=]
i made a similar blog, im still working on it.

Unknown said...

You know the most difficult in thing in this world, is dealing with people.

Life is not fair; get used to it.
Bill Gates

unique font said...

I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

hmm... well written!

geet said...

very well written...

kaushal said...

did it work?

Ashutosh said...

@kaushal: It worked, more than when I kept it to myself ... not sure why ... because it is not like I have to answer somebody, now that I have put it on my blog