Monday, February 06, 2006

Why Maria Sharapova lost to Martina Hingis???

So AR's last post was kind of a sting operation. He stung me. I very vaguely remember him taking that snap of mine. People say there was a lot of puking that followed the vodka shots. I do not remember any of it, but when I saw my pic with NJ coming out of the washroom, I sincerely hope that was what took me in there with him more than anything else ;)

Anyways that treat was an intoxicating experience, and we are never going back there again...

Now walking up the memory lane, let us come back to this weekend. TRYST, the annual tech fest of ours, was organised. Like every year loads of students from engineering colleges all over the country came here with inexplicable enthusiasm. And like every year I spent another fest-weekend away from the academic area of the campus.

What did I do instead? Watched movies. One of them, Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi, was quite good. One of those movies that make you question your existence.

What the hell are we doing? Poor people of India are paying taxes to educate us, and what do we do with the "education" for our country??

Get into some MNC, make money and once in a blue moon when there is a spike in the patriotism level (due to movies like this) donate some money. I don't think until we contribute at the grassroot level there would be any change. OK, I haven't done anything to deserve to speak like this, so I'll change the topic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made an interesting observation today. How many of you have seen a potrait of Lord Shiva with a beard?? For that matter, how many of you have seen any portrait of any God in the last month??

Anyways guess where did I see this? In the Barber Shop. I was sitting on the chair to get a much awaited shave... and there it was, right on the mirror on my left. Almost felt like the barbers were explaining why would God be there.

So then after the shave the barber started explaining why I should have a face massage. I asked him to cut the shit (with some different scissor ofcourse!!!), and go ahead with it. Never had that done on me before, so thought why not give it a try...

Well... he slapped the hell out of me, and in the end I owed him 25 bucks!!!

I think I'll sign off now. Hope the other posters come up with some posts this week... and the readers with some comments. I know the perfectness and completeness of the posts here leave you speechless but we would appreciate some acknowledgement. :D


P.S. - The title of the blog was a publicity stunt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A face massage helps get rid of dead facial skin and wrinkles. It also helps if you are developing dark circles and if accompanied with threading it can help remove some unwanted facial hair (like at your cheekbones). Then it can also help get rid of some acne. In any case, I dont approve of the slap and rub technique (in short, using hands) that the barbers use at the barber shop. But there is a face massaging tool (and the barber shop has a couple of them) which is perfect for this job.

Anonymous said...

I still dunno why sharapova lost to martina!

kaushal said...

->[puneet]
thanx for the many tips... seems u really did ur research while the Sleeping Barber's Assignment in OS ;)

->[anonymous]
neither do I...
take note of the last line of the post.