Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Four Factor Reloaded

I have told you before how the Four Factor has played an important role in my career. My apprehensions in that post was not baseless and I was offered admission at IIML. I declined the offer (after much thought) and chose to start my professional career. And the company I had an offer from was (you guessed it right) another in the 'Four' series. It was the Fourth largest investment bank in the U.S. at that time. I worked there for a year and then left the job to study further.

Initially, I had not particularly thought about starting my career (after MBA) from the field of Consulting. But slowly and surely, I got convinced about the whole field. I have already mentioned about my placement preparations before.

The preparations came in handy at the time of interviews. The first half of the interview day went rather well, and I thought my interviews had gone well. When results started coming out in the latter half, the future did not look as bright. Luckily, I had enough time to squeeze in a few more interviews and get a chance to get selected by one of the good firms on campus that day.

The day ended with me getting selected in a Consulting firm, that is considered to be the Fourth best on campus. And so, it happened again. I will be joining the firm soon and would be able to get a better sense of that rating (will want to see if it is just a campus rating or is it actually the case in the market). I am not at all complaining. I am happy to be joining that firm and very much looking forward to starting work.

No comments: