Friday, October 10, 2008

AR and KK

Different people like different film personalities, people that act in movies and do cinema etc. I also had my fair share of film exposure and there were people who I found found alright. But there has been mostly two people I admire - Aishwarya Rai (AR) (has been a while now) and Katrina Kaif (KK) (only lately). Infact, there was a post sometime back which should have indicated the latter.

But unlike many others, I don't want to marry them or something (not that if I wished, I could have that wish realized). Infact, if by a large stretch of imagination, I get a chance to marry them, I would remain very unhappy (if I know myself to some extent) and / or they would remain frustrated.

However, I still admire them a lot - ofcourse, for their beauty but thats one aspect. I guess they have exceptional confidence in themselves. They might not be the best in the field of acting. But atleast I can say for AR, that she has done some good work and atleast she is a Director's actress. So, though she might not carry each and every film to a box office success on her own, but if she is directed well, she does a very good job of the acting she is supposed to do. Both of seen some success and I hope that they see more of it.

The confidence is quite clearly visible on-camera as well as off-camera. Both have faced much criticism but they have stuck and did well. AR has faced a lot of it, since she has been there for longer time and also because she has become a poster child of Bollywood and India, in general. KK has practically lived outside the country for practically all her life before she started acting in Bollywood movies. And yet I hear now that she has worked in movies made in languages including Hindi, Telugu and Malayalam.

AR has suffered a lot especially during when she was with one actor (we will call him X). He used to pathetic to her and it was all in the open. At that time, I used to think that why is this happening to her and that somehow it should happen that she should get rid of him. And thankfully it did happen. Now she is married in a respectable family. I remember reading some gossip a few years back about AR and her husband when she was with this other actor. I secretly thought that then that this guy is much much better than X. You never know who is hearing you.

But now KK is with this actor X. And though there are no such news of X torturing KK, but I still hope that she finds someone much better. There was some news / gossip about KK and X breaking up, but am not sure. Somebody hearing me this time?

I am not sure how they are in person and have never met them or seen them. But I like to think that they are good individuals.

No comments: