Sunday, October 12, 2008

One short meeting

I met one of my old colleagues from the company I worked for. We were in the same team though were based out of offices miles apart. The company is no longer in existence though the operations have been taken over by another company.

We met for an hour or two but it was such a nice meeting. We both felt that. I many a times find myself not able to express sufficiently my feelings. My friend on the other hand said the feeling as if he was just expressing exactly what was there is my mind. He is from a different nationality and may be that is the reason. But whatever may be the case, it was nice.

We remembered the old days when we used to chat daily and sometimes for hours talking about work. There was only a particular amount of time for which the time we spent in office matched (because of the large time difference), but still we tried to best utilize that to keep the work going. There was always this enthusiasm about giving the best analysis for our clients, try to be innovative and different, coming up with different products etc. I would write a separate post about my job and work at my company for there is a lot to say there.

There was one instance when a new research product had to come out that weekend. My friend stayed up all night and was in the office and we practically talked for some 7-8 hours on the phone that my day / his night. He spent a total of like 38-40 hours in office at a stretch. I still admire his dedication and hard work and sincerity.

My Prof. SH told the class one day about how he had asked his uncle one day about the story of his life. His uncle told him things from his life which had involved struggle and effort and pain. He did not talk about the holiday he took or the some joyous event he attended. Prof. SH said that you most remember the times when you had put in a lot of hard work, the things which at first instant did not seem achievable or seemed difficult but you did achieve. And when you recollect, it is these things which standout. I experienced this during the meeting. We did not talk about what happened when our first report came out or when our names came out in some press report, but we remembered the time we spent struggling to get a report out or how it was difficult to communicate when you wanted to but realized that the other person won't be available for a few hours etc.

In my excitement I mentioned about my meet in an email I was writing to someone. I wanted to tell this to some person. Later, I realized that its difficult to get excited some other person as much as you were.

No comments: