Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Start contributing

Every time I open this site for a new post, I expect (at least subconsciously) that the other “contributors” might have done something so that they can be called with that name in the future. Nevertheless, I get delighted (surprisingly) when I see that no such thing has happened. Maybe I feel happy about the fact that I am the only one adding to the value of Myself SpeakingÔ (had not used the trademark for a long time now). I do not know why, I keep postponing the idea of writing posts, when the entire day, I think about how to frame the events occurring into words and sentences for the next post. The things, which actually manage to reach the posts, are only a tiny part of those intended.

(I think I have not told you that, every post, I first write it into some word processing application and then transfer it here. This would explain the reason of my posts being free of grammatical and spelling errors).

Everybody has a style of writing. You can many a times guess the author (if given some manageable number of alternatives), just by reading his work. This phenomenon includes the writers of blogs as well. Like, here at Myself SpeakingÔ, though others contribute so less, yet if you see the title of a post with some full stops at the end (i.e. blah blah ….), you know that Mr. AR would have been responsible for those; or if you see more than one exclamation marks sticking together, then Mr. KS has got to be held guilty.

I had talked about various social networking groups before and how they help you to be in contact. Well, the phenomenon is far from dying. Not only is the number of such group increasing, but also the time spent by people on these is phenomenal. I am myself present on Orkut. This particular service has changed some verbs and has created a few new ones. So, if someone asks you whether you have been orkutted, (my word processing application does not recognize it, as of now) do not look puzzled. ‘Getting scraped’ is no longer derogatory and infact people have started measuring the extent to which a person is extrovert, by the number of times he has been scraped. In addition, deleting a scrap is considered as a sin in the religion, Orkutism.

I sometimes feel, I can start a completely new blog on Orkut; and I constantly try to control the temptation. So, get ready for some more of my comments and suggestions and experiences with this new found tool of the world.

Is everybody leaving blogger.com? For, whatever blog I visit at blogger.com, I find the top post giving the address of the newly found home of the writer. May be they have moved on, but I do not have any such plans for the near future. Finally, I would be joining the sole company who has offered me a job in the first week of July. I have heard that will provide us with internet connection; but there would be no accessibility to personal mails. Also, sites like blogger.com and (yes, you guessed it) Orkut would b out of bounds. How will I survive, I am a little skeptical.

1 comment:

苦瓜鹹蛋Star said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.