Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mail from my co-boss in my first job


Ash

You have been a phenomenal member of the team.  You had among the steepest learning curves of anyone whom I have had the pleasure of working with. You (with some help) set out some goals for the year that were a stretch to say the least.  You more than met them.  You have an ability to analyze oil markets that is superior to people with many years of experience. You have really taken to the subject matters with which we deal and they have clearly seized your imagination. 

You have an incredibly promising career before you and whether you return to Company or go elsewhere you will be able to count on my support and highest possible recommendation.

You are seeking feedback on areas where you could work harder.  There is only one that comes to my mind -- oral presentations.  You need coaching in this area to help you overcome your natural modesty and shyness.  That requires both training and experience and I hope you get the former at graduate school.  If we were in closer proximity we could help you with this as well.

E

No comments: