Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Response from Air India

It was nice to receive a response to my email letter to Air India. It was a personal response to the query, which is good. May be they really could not do much about these things, as they say. I am not sure if I would choose the airline, the next time I have the option of using it. But you never know how this response influences my choice of flight.

I reached Air India through Consumer Online Resource and Empowerment Centre. I am not sure if this would be effective for everything, but I guess for government companies, this forum is useful.

The response went as follows:

Dear Mr. A,

We have your mail dated Sep 03, 08 addressed to the Manager, Dept of Complaint Redressal Cell, CORE Centre.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience faced by you due to the dysfunctional In- flight Entertainment system on our flight from Mumbai to New York.

As you maybe aware, our new state- of- the- art aircraft are fitted with the latest on board facilities that are fully computerised. Electronic failures, you will appreciate are unpredictable and can affect the best of devices. In this case, due to passengers giving multiple commands the system hangs up which results in the impairment of the functioning of the Entertainment system / overhead lights or seat recline functions. Unfortunately, despite the rebooting by the crew if it still remains non operational, these defects can only be corrected by our Engineering department when the aircraft returns to the base station Mumbai or New York. Nonetheless, the same was rectified by our personnel at New York.

We thank you for your understanding and trust you will not deny us the pleasure of being of service to you in the near future.

With kind regards

Yours sincerely,
...

2 comments:

kaushal said...

Nice to 'hear' you write. I think I checked your blog once long ago, and seeing no new posts assumed you would be either busy or lazy and not continue doing so... Glad to be wrong!

By the way, how long did they take to respond?

Ashutosh said...

Haan yaar ... left for a while when I was working ... then started again as I went back to school ... would encourage you to update your blog as well

They took like 4 months or so ... better later than never :)