Thursday, January 03, 2008

Poems and more poems

I have somehow got hold of some writings of my seniors. These are not my immediate seniors but those who have passed from the institute 2 or 3 years back. These writings had been a part of some of the notice boards (or NBs) during the time they were in campus. And I would say these are amazing. And quite different from what is prevalent these days.
There are poetries and prose and quotes. There are instances when late at night people have started fighting. But the fight has all been poetic. Within minutes people have produced such good poems (with rhymes) and others have replied (again within minutes and with rhymes and decently long). And there are those who are mediating again in rhymes. Further, there are people who took this as an opportunity to pen down their first words. I wonder if I could at some point gain that skill of writing sense fast as per my will. But for now it seems a task uphill.
There are instances when people have started taking each other’s cases. And there are instances when people are just looking for some sympathetic braces. Even the birthday managers have gone a little far, and have written the invites with poetic bar. There are also small stories, true or otherwise which seem to be so generic that it can happen to anyone. Obviously, there are some particular people whose name keeps on reappearing as authors of the writings. I wonder where are their counterparts in our batch and when will I be able to relish such a thing happening live.
I have never written anything but am planning to write a few things going forward. The rhyming part is a little difficult but I think as I move along that would become easier. Something I wrote yesterday...

Satisfied with my academic performance till then
Came here to strengthen
Other aspects of my being
Some of them I hopefully will be seeing
For the first time and will wonder
Where were they hid down under

Have learnt much from this place
About me and the surrounding space
Occupied by people of different kind
Overall good experience in hind
But am far from doing any justice
To various things I can practice

In the small time that is left
Will try to further heft
Myself from the mortal being I am
Have an immortal state to gam
Before the last days are very near
For then there should be no regret or fear

No comments: