Monday, December 10, 2007

That one thing

Many a times it happens that, you might do all your daily work and whatever is expected of you, but there is that one thing which happens daily which you like the most. You wait for it the whole of 24 hrs; do all other things just so that you might reach that point in the day when that event happens. I am not sure how many of you have experienced this feeling but it seems to be something good.

That event may be playing something, doing voluntary work or just a plain walk. But that is something you like to do so much that the work to be done for the other time of the day looks bearable. Just the expectation of the event happening can be a big motivator. So, sometimes even if the actual event does not happen, you get sad. But then you realize that you have to just wait for another 24 hours and it will again be your favorite time of the day. The build up to the event has already given you such pleasure that half your sadness is already compensated for.

Switching topics, why is that you want to do things which some people tell you to do? While at the same time, you are indifferent to some other people. This thing is even more prominent when the motive of the other person is your benefit. And in no apparent way the other person is going to benefit. So, if someone (say, one of your parents) says to take care of your health, you want to do that just for that person. Knowing that someone cares for you makes you feel that your life is worth something.

I have mentioned previously of visiting a particular place in my institute. Actually, I did that quite frequently in the initial months when I came here. I would say it helped me a lot. I am beginning to believe that I would not have to visit this place again.

No comments: