Thursday, September 06, 2007

God

I had heard that many of the Professors in my institution were Gods. I was fortunate enough to get an opportunity to be taught by one in my first term itself. Yesterday was his last class and it was one of the worst moments of my first term. I am scared that this post would be far from doing any kind of justice to what I want to convey. But I cannot resist myself from writing.

I have learnt so much from him, not just academics but general fundas of life. His examples always came from the real life. One wonders how can a person observe life to such a depth, analyze it from various angles and is able to get his point across to people like us who (at least a majority) have not seen life at all. He cannot be an earthly figure.

I can go on and on with the learnings from his lecturers. What amazes me is the applicability of these learnings in various areas, in your personal life, in your career, in your day-to-day dealings with people etc. His examples were such that the audience was able to relate to them instantaneously and from that he would bring in the academic funda in such a fashion that there was no chance of not understanding. He gave us a framework for everything in a subject which is known for being lacking in any kind structure. You require someone more than extraordinary to do that.

I want to go over all his teachings and the things I could grasp but there are some time constraints. However, I will try my best to post them sometime for the benefit of all (including me). How much one implements those in one’s life is left to the concerned person, but at least people should get an opportunity to know these fundas.

He said and I try to recollect…

… for a balanced life, we require four things family, career, friends and a religious side.

We have talked of so many situations where we face challenges and conflicts. And where our aim is to overcome them and emerge as winners.

In real life, you will find many situations in which you want the other person to win. In such cases, your win lies in yourself losing and more so, the other person winning …

I have wondered about this many times. In many situations people say that you would be used by others. I say, so what if I want to get used. People warn against others taking you for a ride. What if I want to be taken on a ride? People say that you are stupid. What if, I want to be stupid?

1 comment:

KS said...

you have not yet seen the real god prof of wimwi