Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Long time no C (mostly perl and java)

For a long time the only one speaking on this blog was probably Silence. Yes silence speaks... learnt that recently from some reliable source.

Anyways, since the last time I posted (that would be long long ago, when there was a king...) , things have changed drastically. I got employed and relocated to hyderabad. Its almost two months now and I have sort of settled. Till now I am satisfied with the work I do and the work I don't do here.

So today my friend Mr. SS (also a contributor to this blog) sent me this. If you have seen the Matrix trilogy and your thoughts did not wander on similar lines, you must now consider watching only Karan Johar + Shahrukh "cult" movies, because you were easy meat (rather batteries) for the machines. Yes you are mere power resources.
I can go on and on on this topic, but I choose not to, reason being going on and on sounds like the job of Amaron batteries, and it would be amusingly ironical to do that after calling most of you easy batteries.

Moving on... the title of this post should give an idea about the work I do here. Although it may sound as a plain old coding job, but we have to have some knowledge about the financial world that our codes deal with and hence we are not totally like the "techies".

The first month we joined here was spent in training and apart from perl and java and some other technical stuff, we enjoyed foozeball to the extent of breaking down one of the two tables and one of my two thumbs... Now our cricket team has got active and I am really excited about that. Heard there is an intra company match this weekend and some corporate tournament starts the weekend after that.

Well I'll try to keep posting here and hope other contributors too start doing so more frequently.

No comments: