Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lets have a treat

Lately I have been going to so many treats and lunches and dinners that I am beginning to wonder if life would remain this way forever. In my last post, I mentioned about how I had to attend (poor me) two farewells on the same day. Previous to that there had been a whole gamut of job treats that I went to (including mine). Of these, mine had been so far the best. People said that it was because of the food and everything but I know the real reason. What I can say is that how the treat is depends on who the treat is given by.

But this unbeaten record (which I also thought was unbeatable) was finally beaten last night. It was the treat of Mr. SK or 'panji' as we call him (I mentioned the nickname because it took a while before I could recall his real name). Half my institute was there and so it also had the distinction of the most number of people in a treat (of the ones of which I was a part). I knew that the host was a famous personality but so famous was some information.

The treat was also different in some other aspects. Not all the people have had the privilege of being seen by me before. The ones who I had some acquaintance with were meager. Also it was the first treat with people from both sexes present and I am not talking about ones not invited by the host. Not that it matters to me, but I thought you might consider it has a prerequisite for the best party, if not for all parties.

Initially, all the things I mentioned made me rather uncomfortable. On my way to the place of the party, I was thinking why was I even going to a party with a few strangers. When I reached the venue, this feeling became strong when I watched a bunch of humans from the other sex. The feeling reached its climax when people came flocking in packed cars.

But as the end of most of the movies, the climax was followed by a happy ending (or should I be philosophical, and say a happy beginning). As the music started and people started dancing, the magic wand had been waved. There was dancing and drinks, and dancing and drinks, and dancing and drinks. Though they were some starters (in the beginning) and food (at the end), I don't think many people cared. Atleast I did not, which was kind of a surprise.

People say that I kept dancing for 4 hours, which is ironical as I have never learned dancing and cannot even claim to know even a single dance step. But maybe everyone was on the same platform (atleast literally they were). Also, people kept teasing me that I was drunk and the culprit was none of the traditional ones but Coke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure many people would have gone through the experience you had !
Thsts one of the cool things about friends , rite ! They make you do things that you wouldnt dare to and then you realise how much fun they are !